To make your Rooibos Tea in the traditional way we recommend that you follow this simple method.
- Use one Rooibos Tea bag or 1 teaspoon of tea per cup.
- Add freshly boiled water to your cup or teapot.
- Allow to infuse for 2 - 5 minutes, keeping your pot or mug warm.
- You can drink Rooibos with milk and sugar, but try it first on its own or with a slice of fresh lemon.
- Served chilled and iced, mixed with fruit juice.
Rooibos Tea can be reheated without loss of flavor. In South Africa they would traditionally keep a pot boiling on the stove all day, topping it up with more tea or water as needed.
We do not however recommend that you microwave the tea to reheat. Although the flavor is still excellent it is thought to damage the flavonoid content.