iced tea is very popular as an alternative to carbonated soft drinks, especially in the hotter southern states. Best made fresh each day. Iced tea had started to appear in the USA during the 1860s. Seen as a novelty at first, during the 1870s it became quite widespread. Its popularity increased after Richard Blechynden introduced it at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis. In the summer, iced tea is at its most popular.
Iced tea is traditionally served with lemon slice used as a garnish, which is often placed on the rim of the glass. Click to Buy Iced Tea Bags
- Mango Iced Tea, 10 Tea Bags ( makes 10 Gallons )
- Sale $9.95
- Tropical Iced Tea, 10 Tea Bags ( makes 10 Gallons )
- Sale $9.95
Iced Tea Recipes
Classic Iced Tea
- Bring 1 Cup of Fresh Cold Water to a Boil.
- For White and Green Teas, Stop Short of Boiling to Avoid "cooking" the Delicate Leaves.
- Add 4 Teaspoons of Loose Tea Leaves or 4 Tea Bags.
- Let the Tea Steep (Infuse) 3 - 5 Minutes.
- Remove the Tea Leaves.
- Let Cool to Room Temperature.
- Add 3 Cups of Cool Fresh Water.
- Be Sure to Cool the Tea Before Refrigeration, or Tea Will Become Cloudy.
- Sweeten to Taste, Add Ice, and Enjoy!
- Fresh mint sprig, for garnish.
- Lemon wedge, for garnish.
Sun Iced Tea
- Fill a 2 quart container with cold water.
- Add 4-5 teabags or teaspoons of loose tea.
- Stir and cover loosely.
- Place in full sun light for 3-4 hours according to the desired tea strength.
- Store in a clean container and chill.
- Add sugar and lemon to taste and serve over ice.
Iced Orange Spice Tea
- 6 cups iced Cinnamon Orange Tea make by desired method.
- 3/4 cup orange liqueur.
- Mix and serve over ice garnish with orange slices.
Iced Mint Tea
- 3 teabags or teaspoons of loose Breakfast Tea.
- 1/2 tsp. dried Mint leaves.
- Pour 2-1/2 cups boiling water over ingredients.
- Cover and steep 4 minutes. Strain and chill.
- Add sugar or honey to taste.
- Serve over ice garnish with fresh mint.
Iced Berry Spice Tea
- 3 teabags or teaspoons of loose Breakfast tea, Black Currant tea, or your favorite flavor of fruit-flavored tea.
- *3 Cinnamon Sticks *15 Whole Cloves
- *1-1/2 cups cranberry juice *1/3 cup sugar *3 tsp. lemon
- Pour 3 cups boiling water over tea.
- Steep for 5 minutes and strain.
- Add cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Cover and let stand until cool.
- Strain and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ice and garnish with lemon slices.